Harmony Day 2014 – A Celebration of Diversity04-Apr-2014
Last Tuesday, 25th of March, 2014, Huon IT proudly hosted its annual ‘A Taste of Harmony’ luncheon. This countrywide initiative celebrates the diversity of the Australian workforce coast to coast.
With staff from all walks of life, everyone shared customs and culinary delights representative of their nationalities and cultural backgrounds. The smorgasbord included favourite Australian, Chinese, Columbian, American, Indian, Vietnamese, South African, Japanese and Thai dishes.
This annual lunch is a timely reminder that everyone belongs. Huon IT is proud of its diverse staff and the unique perspectives team members bring to their contributions to Huon IT’s success.
– Around 45 per cent of Australians were born overseas or have at least one parent who was born overseas.
– People from over 200 countries make up the Australian community.
– More than 300 languages are spoken in Australian homes.
– Apart from English the most common languages spoken in Australia are Mandarin, Italian, Arabic, Cantonese, Greek, Vietnamese, Tagalog/Filipino, Spanish and Hindi.
– More than 60 Indigenous languages are spoken in Australia.
Some of our staff, tasting the variety of dishes on offer!